Saturday, February 21, 2009

A hypothetical clubhouse conversation predicated on the notion that the Mariners' re-signing of Ken Griffey Jr will help the team build character

Junior: Kid, I notice you're struggling to hit consistently.
Rookie: Yeah, major league pitching's really tough.
Junior: It's okay, kid. I know a lot of people cut on you for that .200 average but we know you're better than that.
Rookie: Thanks, Junior.
Junior: I'm willing to work with you
Rookie: Really? Thanks.
Junior: We'll tap deep down and find the better hitter inside you.
Rookie:
Junior: What's the matter?
Rookie:
Rookie: Does that mean you're gonna touch me in the bad place?
Junior:
Junior: What
Rookie: Oh god is this gonna be like the Cal League all over again?
Junior: No kid, I just meant we're gonna go to the batting cages after games and
Rookie: Because my counselor told me that it only happened once and it would never happen again
Junior: CHRIST KID I JUST MEANT YOU CAN HIT BETTER

No comments:

Post a Comment